Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of service when busy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

annalyssa

Programmer
Nov 15, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a user whose phone says "out of service" when he is on another call.
Can someone help me reprogram his phone so that other calls can get through?

Thank you.

You'll see me suggest this a lot...as it catches a lot of bugs without spending a lot of time trouble-shooting.

Have you performed a 'SET COPY' from a working DN that functions similar to how you want his to function? And remember to copy both SYSTEM & USER data. If this fixes the problem, remember to go back and reprogram any of his internal autodial keys, etc...

I'm hesitant to set copy the phone because I'm not sure whether it has any special features - I wasn't the one to program the phone originally.
Worse-case scenario, I can set copy & do damage-control afterward.
Any other advice?

Thanks!

Can anyone help? It's Meridian 7310.

Why is it that when someone calls this phone when it is already in use, it indicates that it is "out of service"?

Help! I need to solve this asap & would much rather not have to reprogram the phone completely.

what is the exact message you are getting? Is the message an audible recording, or something you are seeing on the screen of another phone?

An "out of service" message is typically a voice mail problem. Do you have an onsite (norstar) voice mail? If so, is the users box working and initialized?

Thanks for coming to the rescue...

It's a message that shows up on the screen of the phone calling his extension when he is on another line.
In french the exact message is: "Hors service".

His voicemail seems to be fine.

That may the way the phone system says "on another call" if the software is French, or has some French/ Canadian bug. You will also notice it only happens for internal callers, as opposed to outside callers. If this is true it happens by design. But, I am not familiar with French software, so I cannot say for sure.

What do you want the phone to do while he is on another call?
If you want it ring, remove any DND on busy setting, and any fwd on busy setting, and confirm it has more than one IC.

Also, check what happens if it is an outside caller.
Check the fwd on busy setting (it is best to leave this to none no matter what your config is)

It may be forwarding on busy to an invalid DN. (this is my best guess)

you're right. It's FWD on busy to an invalid DN.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back