Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out-Of-Process Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2002
US
Receiving strange symptoms on a relatively unbusy web server several times a day. I am trying to find hints at some good tools to diagnose. Its a Dell 2500 with a gig of RAM and about 40gigs of free disk space running Windows 2000 Server install with IIS 5.0, SQL 2000, and SP3. Many times over the course of a day, the server will go unresponsive for about 5 minutes. Looking at the local server while it remains unresponsive, you can see the dllhost process growing in size to about 800-900megs in size. Once this hits about 900megs, it suddenly goes back down to a "normal" size and the server is once again responsive. I have full logging going on via IIS for the web site, and I can see an "Out-of-Process" error occuring for the web visitor. It happens for all sorts of random ASP pages, so I really do not believe itis one particular page of code.
I can't replicate the issue myself, so trying to find any hints at tools that might help me log the traffic to re-create it, monitor any COM+ threads, or other things to look at. The web site is running at Medium and already confirmed the COM+ security is all okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back