Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out Of Office Assistant Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a question. Windows 2000 SBS w/ Exchange. Only people in the internal domain (i.e. domain.local) get the reply. The replies that should be sent to the outside world are not sent. Not that it should matter, but the POP3 connector is being used. Any reason for this activity?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

You need to enable out of office responses on the Exchange Server as this turned off as default. In Exchange System Manager go to Global Settings - Internet Message Formats. Right click on Default, go to properties then Advance tab and then enable Out of office responses.

[afro]

I've had the same issue. Finally decided to look for outside advice when I found this post. Worked like a charm. A star for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back