Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of office assistant/Internet Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuffMan

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2001
GB
Hello all,
we currently use Exchange 5.5 on NT SP6a, and have been looking into why our out of office assistant doesn't work. I've trawled through previous posts and have come up with the conclusion I need to install Internet Mail (which isn't currently installed).
As we receive our mail over frame relay and through a mail server at head office we are receiving mails without problem at the moment, the only problem is the out of office assistant replies.
If I install internet mail am I likely to get any problems?

Any suggestions greatly received,
thanks,
Mark.

Under Exchange Admin.exe double click on Internet Mail Service (Connector). Go To Internet Mail Tab, then click on "advanced options" button. Uncheck all "disable" check boxes. Your all set!

Thanks for responding Jedi, my problem is that the Internet Mail service isn't installed. I'm not sure that installing it is what I really want to do given Email is currently flowing via head office.
I've read some posts that told me to uncheck the disable buttons, but as I haven't got the service available, the buttons aren't there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back