Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qey

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
GB
Recently added an extra gig of ram to a users PC who is needing it for other resources - since the ram has gone in when launching reports from the SMI workbench i get an out of memory error.

replacing the old ram and were back to working fine - so i thought it maybe hardware related and switched the ram (this time for more expensive ott HP ram) still same error

Now pulling at straws ive tried reinstalling a nortel pep patch over the top to no joy

Currently uninstalling symposium to re-install to see what happens

Im using release 4.0 with 4.01.07 patch and see error

AppName: nictfe.exe AppVer: 4.0.0.0 ModName: mfc40.dll
ModVer: 4.1.0.6038 Offset: 0008aec4

wondering if anyone out there has encoutered a similar problem - it seems to only be happening when trying to run reports.

other applications are running fine. I'll reinstall and see what happens - would prefer an easier solution tho

regards in advance.

Q

See thread

thread959-1076758

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Apologies for being useless

thanks

Q

That's ok, happens to us all....

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

[3eyes] i do try to "thumb" my way through previous threads just must have passed me by - that and being pre-occupied with my frustration

getting PEPs now will get back into it tomorrow

thanks again

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back