Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

out of memory on view object

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2w

Programmer
Dec 17, 2002
CA
Hi,

I noticed this problem when I was trying to make an exe. It compiled fine but when it was writing the exe it came up with an out of memory error. When I try to view one form object in the development area by either double clicking it or selecting the view object button in the project explorer(all the others I can access) I also get an out of memory error.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Delete your "ProjectName.VBW" file. That is VB's workspace file where it keeps track of everything that you have open and opens them again when you start the IDE. If you have a lot of forms, modules, classes, etc., they are probably all being loaded on startup and filling your memory so that you don't have enough left to do anything else.

I have already tried deleting the vbw and obj's with no luck. The project loads fine, it's just when I click on one particular form to get the object view that it gives me the error. The form does not have any different controls than the others but it is the only one that gives the out of memory error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back