Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of memory, no user resource available

Status
Not open for further replies.

hug

Programmer
Mar 14, 1999
VE
I´m developing a administrative system, with 20+ forms, but now I run out of user resources, I upgraded my memory to 256Mb but I still can´t add forms to the proyect, or open all the files from the proyect.<br>
Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?<br>

Probably too many controls on a form or too many forms/controls in a project. I had the same problem with my current project until I broke it up into a series of smaller projects. Microsoft sets limits on what you can do in VB. I've accidentally exceeded the limits on more than one occasion. The results can vary from a simple "out of memory" warning to invalid page faults, corrupted forms and a dead machine. Smaller might not be better but, at least, it works.

So, I should make many ActiveX?<br>
how can i compile the whole thing all together? I haven´t found any of these questions answered in the books.<br>
<br>
I had all those problems myself, lucky me I had backups :)<br>

ActiveX might be a way to go. I did it the slow, painful way: compiled multiple exe's shelled from the main app. The method might not apply to your project. I could get away eith it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back