Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellmunday

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
GB
I have recently updated the computers in our design department
we now have two pentuim 4 extreme 3.4ghz computers with PCI xpress graphics cards, 2Gb RAM and 10000rpm disk drives. both of the computers are identical appart from one has a second drive for storing data and a DVDRW,
the computer without the second drive is having problems in corel when digitising it crashes with a error message saying out of memory.
I do not have a lot of experience with Corel but from what i have seen its not very stable
I have installed the latest service packs and patches.
any suggestions would be welcome

a) what OS are you running?
b) what application are you running (and version #)? You say 'corel' but that is a company, not an application
c) what exactly do you mean by 'digitising'?
d) what aer your pagefile settings?
e) where is your temp drive set to?

Corel Draw version 11
no other apps running
page files are set to default
temp settings are set to default
there is only one drive
digitising is tracing around a scanned image

Pagefile should be set to a minimum of 1.5x the amount of RAM in the system. You may need to up this amount to 2x or 3x the amount of RAM. Temp setting should not be set as default. Create a temp folder on the drive with the most free space and then change the default system settings to use this TEMP folder for TMP/TEMP files. Also be sure to change the *user* settings to use this TEMP folder instead of what it uses for default.

I don't use XP, but don't have this issue under Win2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back