Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

supervi

MIS
Mar 22, 2003
CA
I have achuck of code that uses the DOCmd copy paste function like a gillion times. If their are over 10000 instances then it eventually gives me an out of error message. Is their anyway i can clear the memory mid way through the process like when it hits record 5000. is their a piece of code that clears memory?

Can i allocate more memory?

Can you post the routine that contains the DoCmd statements?

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

It's a rather long piece of code that involves the DoCmd copy and paste function. I know that the code works fine, its just that after its pasted 10000 records into my subform, it crashes with an out of memory message. Is their anyway to clear the memory? Perhaps a piece of code like
DoCmd.clearmemory
or something like that

Is their something in the options menu that lets me increase the memory allocated? If not then i'll guess i'll have to paste the huge chunk of code

Thanks

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not convinced that it is the DoCmd that is the problem.

10,000 records into a subform? How much memory is required for each subform record? How much memory will 10,000 subform records require?

Before you do actually post it, how big is a "huge chunk of code"?

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back