Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel769

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
US
Good morning all!

Using Crystal 11 on SQL server 2005. I am receiving an 'Out of Memory' error when i run a report I have ran many times in the past. Any suggestions on what to look at?

:)

Crystal does a lot of swapping to disk when it's generating reports and it's not always very good about cleaning up after itself. So, this error frequently means that Crystal has run out of swap space on the disk (it doesn't use the Windows virtual memory swap space.) Look for the temp directory that Crystal is using - on a workstation this will generally be under C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\Local Settings\Temp - NOTE: Local Settings is a hidden folder so you may have to change the view properties in Windows Explorer to let you see hidden folders. Delete all of the .tmp files that have a file date earlier than the current date.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back