Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of hours greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I am lookin got have 2 different greetings for a hunt group MB depending on the time of day, meaning a night message that says they are closed and leave a message. I don't want 2 mailboxes to do this, I want a day message and a night message . Not sure if this can be done with just the message and then the beep to leave the message. I see in the manual that you can record the out of hours message but where do I set the time profile for that MB to know when it is out of hours?
Mike

Type of VM? Embedded or VMPro?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

VM Pro R11.1 I believe I can use the time profile and the night service feature, it says that if I don't point it to another HG it plays the out of hours greeting. I will need to test this to see.
Mike

In VM Pro you can create a Leave action for the group and a time condition that would play different greetings based on the time of day and then leave mail to one mailbox with a greeting like leave a message at the tone for the mailbox.

vmp_wojll2.jpg

Won't that play a greeting when entering the MB, even the default?
Mike

Use Voice Questions - the Entry Prompt is the "Greeting", on the specific tab, add a record action of something like 120 seconds, and specify the mailbox to send the recording to

That's why I said the MB greeting should be 'Leave a msg at the tone'.

@Budbyrd missed that part sorry was skimming responses.
Mike

Please DON'T use the VM Pro call flow & conditions to achive what is already standard operation for a mailbox

in Ip office assign a time profile to the group, leve the NS falback destination empty
when the group is active it will lay the day greeting
when inactive it will play the nigh message

Dont want VM in day service? - disable VM on the group
Set NS fallback to a dummy group with VM enabled
Messsages witll go to the mailbox of the originaly targeted group & play the Out of service greeting

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

@IPGuru it is playing the same greeting no matter what the time profile is. I have the greetings recorded as greeting 1 and 2 with greeting 2 set to play for out of hours option 6 and greeting 1 to play for all calls option 1. I have tried to set greeting 1 to default greeting but it still answered as the in hours greeting and never played the out of hours greeting 2.
Mike

My solution may not be what some would do, but it works. If you used it you would be done already. [wink]

Teletechman
You are running your VM for in Intuity mode, we alwasy use IP office mode which has a much simpler interface for the end users.

Intuity mode does offer some extra features but does weird things at times.

Budbyrds solution may be the simplest one in this instance (appologies Budbyrd)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back