Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temjin

Technical User
Feb 9, 2005
US
Hi!

I got another problem. :O

When I tried to start a game,my pc will give me a black screen with a small message:
Out of frequency
63K/100hz

I tired using the On-screen-display on my monitor and normally,I will see a screen giving the option to tweak the monitor.But with the black screen,even the OSD didn't show up.
tried Alt-Del,Esc and everything,only Ctrl-Alt-Del can bring me out. :(
My monitor is a 2 week old Philips 105S.

What's the problem?

It sounds like the refresh rate(100 Hz) at the selected resolution for the game is out of your monitor's range.
Check your monitor's specs for max. refresh rates at different resolutions. Then go to Control Panel/Display/Settings, select a resolution, click OK to change it, then check the refresh rate. If the refresh rate exceeds the max. for the selected resolution in your monitor's specs., then click on Advanced on the Settings page, click Adapter, and select a refresh rate that's lower than the max. for that resolution in your monitor's specs. Repeat the process for all resolutions that your monitor will display. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back