Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Context error on import to MS Project from MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdclark59

Programmer
Mar 27, 2005
US
When I try to import a Task table from MS Access to MS Project, I get an "Out of Context" message on each of the fields in the From Database Field in the Mapping. The saved Map was used successfully to import the table several times earlier in the project. If I try to set up a new map, the fields do not show up in the From Database window. The problem seemed to come up when I set up user security on the database. I can use the same import map on an old copy of the database. When I set up the same security on the old copy, however, the import works fine.

I have tried to import the current database into a new database and got the same message on the new database. I have removed the security from the current database, and get the same message. I also used the Database Utility to compact and repair the database. No change.

The recent backups also give the same message. There have been many changes to the project since the "Old" copy, so it is not a candidate to use.

Any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back