Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out look express slow at retrieving mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I recently reinstalled Windows XP on my computer to make it run faster. Before I did, my email would download in about 1 seconds on my TI. It was outlook express 6. Now that I have reinstalled windows it take over a minute to get 1 or 2 emails. It even takes that long if I have NO EMAIL! It is not my mail server because my windows 2000 machine still downloads it just as fast. What is the deal! Please help. Thanks

I believe that the service providers may be the problem and not you.

Nimda and W32Badtrans have caused them some serious grief and I suspect they may be taking extra precautions in checking their mail.

Does your ISP have a system status page?

It is not my service provider because I have a windows 2000 machine on the same internet connection and it gets mail from the same server. It runs just fine, gets the mail in a couple seconds. And other thoughts?

Sorry, I give up.

Have you tried TechNet on microsoft's website?

have you got any anti virus software running to check incoming mail. That ALWAYS slows the process down.

kwunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back