Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out dial / Off Premise Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpnugget

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
US
I have had off premise notification set for an emergency mailbox for months. After hours when the customer reaches the CCR tree they can leave a message in the mailbox that contacts a pager. I have set this up to use pool A, the only line pool. In the past week the notification is no longer working. I have tried to rebuild and that does not work. I have also tried to set it up using a specific line.
No luck. The set up in the mailbox is matching what is in Admin. Any advice? Is there anything on the CICS side I can check?

When I am setting up automatic out-calling to a pager I take either a butt set and listen to the pager notification call going out on the outgoing line or use a digit grabber with a speaker and do the same thing. what you are listening for is to be sure that a. call is actually going out. b. dialing string is correct and the notification digits go out at the correct time. You might have to insert pauses in the dialing sequence to allow time for the pager's system to answer the page call.

I have one customer where every few months we have to go back and either add a pause or pull one off just because the pager company might make changes to the way they answer calls.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

(1) Check your lines in your CICS/MICS programming and make sure they are set to be supervised- if you had a power outage and that changed the line programming to unsupervised that can/ will mess up outbound message notification.

(2) Delete and Rebuild the Box: I know its a pain but voicemail boxes sometimes get corrupted. This has fixed my problem on more than one occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back