Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Our old chum: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loknar

Technical User
May 13, 2003
US
I'm getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen every time i try to play certain games i.e Morrowind. It mentioned the driver file sbpci.sys , which was my soundcard so i removed it and rebooted. still gives me the same bluescreen :/ but this time with nv4_disp.dll (nvidia display driver if you havent guessed :) any idead how to fix this problem?
My System
Athlon t'bird 1333mhz
GeForce4 Ti 4200 128 mb
WD Caviar 40gb hdd
Samsung 8gb hdd
Realtek 10/100 lan card
SB PCI128 sound card (unplugged)
Diamond v92 56k modem
Via ac'97 audio (on board)

oh an another thing, what is the fsb speed of a t'bird 1333 because my new mobo will only accept one with a 200 or better

Are you using XP updated driver for you video?... the XP certified driver from windows update i have had many problems with...go to nvidia's website and download the newest driver... as far as the games have you check thier websites for FAQ's that may deal with these types of problems with the possibility of patches to correct them?

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers (43.45) and i can recreate the bluescreen by running dxdiag and doing a directdraw test, and the error has survived through 3 clean reinstalls :/

Oh sorry i forgot to mention that yes i have checked the game websites for patches + faq's etc and my problem is not mentioned.

Move your hardware acceleration slider down a notch or two.

(right-click desktop, Settings, Advanced, Adapter, Troubleshooting).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back