Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oulook pst corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsdemo

Technical User
Sep 6, 2003
NL
Hi there,

Is there anyone who knows a better tool for repairing outlook pst files then the regulair scanpst in office ?

regards Lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Ontrack offers some very nice and very expensive tools as well. They have a few products including EasyRecovery Pro, EasyRecovery FileRepair and EasyRecovery EmailRepair. Very nice tools, but like I said, it will cost you but it may be worth it.

If the corruption is because the file got larger than 2gb, and it's the ANSI type of .pst file, you can search for pst2gb.exe and get a tool that will hack off a little bit at the end of the file to get it small enough to be opened again. Keep in mind that "hack off" means "delete data".

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Thanxs for al the answers i have downloaded the programs, tested them on my own email file, and will use them when i have another broken file.

regards Lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back