Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oulook net folders help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnpd41

Technical User
May 27, 2003
US
All,
I have a user with a strange problem...We have shared a calendar to schedule the use of our conference room. It is kept in a .pst on the secretary's computer. All but one user can see the data in the calendar. I have had the secretary delete the user, then add the user back to the group and watched as the user accepted the invitation to view the calendar. The calendar shows up for the user except it is void of data. That is none of the scheduled times show up as it does for other users.

Further I have used a tool available from MS to “clean up” net folder issues such as calendars shared from a .pst. I have also performed a repair of the Office Suite still with no look.

The OS is W2K, service pack 3. Suite is Microsoft Office, Sr1A, with all current patches installed. This installation is the same as all other users that can see the data.

Does anyone have any further answers other than removing all of Office and re installing (which may or may not work…) any suggestions are worthy at this point, TIA!

I have had a silmilar problem previously.

Make sure when you add the email address to the contacts folder of the recipinets are marked as "always send as Microsoft Outlook rich text format"

otherwise when the updates come through they ar nor processed correctly

doubleE...where exactly do we set that up? Is this set up on the client's profile or is it something set up in the calendar properties or...thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Open the contact and right click on the email address and select properties.
The email properties box will have the display name and eamil address for the contact.
Tick the box for "Always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format"
OK that and save changes and it should hopefully solve your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back