Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oulook 97 login pop-up prompt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhn

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
DK
I have a w98 machine on my network (NT4 Domain, Exchange 5,5) which often displays a small login prompt when opening outlook. It prompts for what seems like a domain login, ie username, pass and domain name. It sometimes happens that the user is unable to login using the prompt, even though the details are correct.

This happens despite the fact that the user is logged into the domain when the computer started up.

It seems like it does not send the proper details to the server - or maybe its prompted for something the others are not?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

This is done I think in the email profile. There is a setting in there about logging in.

Check the Logon network security - if its set to NT authentication it wont prompt for a logon as it uses the username it was logged onto the domain with. If it set to none it will prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back