Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ouch Ouch... about to burn...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaimeortega

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2004
US
So, I'm getting this error which tells me that my IS is about to crap out on me because of space. I cannot create a new mailbox store either. It tells me that the maximum number of stores has been reached (1 store) which leads me to believe I have the standard version of the SW. But, if I do have the standard version how come my IS is 98GB? Shouldn't it be capped 16GB?. Any workarounds besides deleting/archiving people's mails (this only delays the problem... done it once already. And the biggest offenders are the big wigs) or spending $6000+ for an enterprise version of exchange?

Thanks!
-JO

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Space Management
Event ID: 445
Date: 5/12/2004
Time: 8:36:28 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
Description:
Information Store (3552) The database E:\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb has reached its maximum size of 98293 MB. If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation may be performed to reduce its size.

Single instance of storage. Your SIS ratio must be about 5:1.

Your options are:

1. Offline defrag. Dumping whitespace is only a temporary fix.
2. Dump mail.
3. Upgrade to Enterprise.

Thanks for the reply...

Well it turns out that we used to have an enterprise server but when I moved exchange to a bigger box, I installed the standard version of it. That's why I have 96GB IS with a standard version.

So, I need to upgrade to the enterprise version now. Any issues I need to be aware of before I ?

Thanks
-JO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back