Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

philcar

Programmer
Mar 1, 2011
CA
Hi,
we have a meridian 1 with release 25.40b. I need to configure an itg card but i don't have otm. How can i get otm since it's a discontinued product? I know it's an old software but i don't think ther is an alternative with release 25.40b. I don't need the additionnal functions of otm, i just want to configure the itg card.

Do you need just a terminal to program the PBX? You don't need OTM for that - just get a serial cable, null modem adapter and a PC running HyperTerm or Procomm and get it to it that way?

It's to program the tlan ip adress on the itg card. I don't think there is any way to configure this without otm?

You don't need OTM for that. You can also do it through a command line interface with a serial cable between a PC and the ITG card (it's a Nortel specific cable - p/n NTAG81CA). If you have any MIRAN cards, you probably have one of these cables floating around your switch room - or check eBay, or the field tech from your service provider may have one you can borrow for a 6-pack of beer.

See NTP NN43001-563 - starting at page 376 for more info.

As you have an old V25.xx system, I think you can still use the older MAT tool for ITG trunk programming. I can send you a copy?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Just sending the software isn't an option. You also need a keycode if you are going to install the software. You need to enter the keycode during the installation.

If I remember correct you do not need the dongle to be present if you only use the ITG configuration part of the MAT/OTM software. So sending the software AND a keycode should work.

Another thing I'm wondering about is how did you get the ITG card? Since it's a rls 25.xx system it's "old". Did you just get the card or is the card just never installed. Having an ITG card isn't enough. You also need the IP licenses in your switch.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

How do you install MAT/OTM if you don't have a keycode? You must enter the keycode during the installation of the software.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

We have this card laying around since 2006. We did not not have time/desire to install it since today. This system is not in production, we only do tests on it. We have some ip licenses in the system. The only thing missing is otm and the ps2 style management cable. I'm sure we got this cable back then but it probably have been lost. I saw a seller selling this cable on ebay. We wrote an attendant console using the Unistim protocol and we would like to be able to do some test on our own instead of always having to test in a lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back