Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM VER 2.2 how do you copy a phone !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurfarit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2007
CA
I want to copy or clone a phone taking all of its features but change the DES and TN and DN ..

You can copy phone sets between sites/systems, but not within the same site/system. For example, you can copy your favorite phone to a Test site/system, then copy it back to the working site/system and modify the TN etc. The better way is to create templates from the Template View and use it to create duplicates.

Even better don't use OTM - For ease and not to complicate matters.

Use your terminal access Via OTM or CPU / SDI TTY

LD 10/11 or 20 (Dependending on Rls)

REQ CPY xx (1 or how many you want)
TYPE 39xx etc / 500 Analogue
TN (Copying from i.e. Template)

TOTN (To the TN)
DN (Extn Nr)

When you've finished do a Synch on Stations / Retrieve / Since or Scedule

Cheers!!

Yeah, don't bother trying to copy within OTM. There is no efficient way to do so.

Drop to a terminal screen within OTM and then follow SL1M1's instrux. Copying a phone is probably the single easiest thing to do on the whole switch.

- Mike

I don't mean this to be rude, so all you OTM only guy's out there, don't start sendind hate reply's. I would never hire a Tech if he can't work at the CLI. If you can work at the CLI, then you can actually try to fix things in the PBX.

For OTM 2.01 To copy a set from with in the same site simply find the set you want to use as the master and place an X at the end of the description field - youll see a change in status when you come out. Copy (from the toolbar menu)this telset. Now go back into this set and remove the X at the end of description, come out and (you may not need to) schedule the change back in. You can now paste in your copied set - youll see it as New - make your desired changes (scr acd cfna des and TN etc etc) Sync this and away you go

regards

A

Post Script TM3 blows compared to OTM imo

Post post script Im a CLI & OTM user

OTM is not geared toward tech's. It's created so that people that are marginally familiar with the PBX can do some simple things and not have to wait forever for a tech to show up. There are many benefits that hard-core techs just don't want to admit to because they feel threathened.

I'm an END USER and I don't feel threatened, The OTM is very unfreindly to users when things goes wrong and it can't fix anything. If a person is doing just an Admin job and letting the Vendor do the Maintence and fixing problems, then OTM is OK for that. If the person doing the work on the system is calling Him/Her self a Tech then they should know how to do CLI so they can fix programming differences between the OTM and the PBX.

OTM is unfriendly to users as well. They still need to know some mnemonics (did I spell that right?) and understand how they work and interact.

Sales people sell the product as the be all and end all of non-technical user aids. TM3.0 is even worse since you don't even get a pretty (crappy) picture of the phone. My customers LOVE it when I install the software, set up the numbering plan, create a template or 2 and then hand tehm the MERL disks and say "read this because you need to know it to use OTM. Oh yeah...here's your OTM docs too."

I'll get off my soapbox now that you all have my CAD$.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back