Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramkumar

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2005
TW
Folks:

My vendor recommends to have a server grade hardware (HP Proliant DL380) to install Enhanced OTM software. I am not sure how far is this justified over a normal PC.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Vikram

That is proberly the recomendation from nortel. I am running otm 2.1 ( not enhanced) on a p4 3.0ghz with XP and 512M Ram- and its actualy over kill

Riaan

For OTM Server and OTM 2.2 Nortel requires:

Intel Pentium III: 600MHZ;512MB RAM;2GB HD;CD-Rom drive; PC com port with 16550 UART; parallel or USB port for dongle;two button windows comp. mouse; floppy disk.

If you find such a bad hardware OTM should run on it.

the only bad thing about running it on a marginal machine is if it ever breaks, your pretty much on your own. i agree that the package should run on a top end pc, but nortel makes the rules

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The posted information is more or less the original recomendation from the OTM 2.2 NTP's.

I've got OTM 2.1 Enhanced running on a PIII 866MHz with 384MB memory and it works just fine. It's a bit slow when messing with the Call Accounting software, but other that we have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back