Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM CDR collection problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlange23

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
US
I have an OTM 2.1 and I am having problems with the collection. Everytime I try to run a collection, it gives me an error
....an error occured while writing CDR records to the CDR database. The database may be corrupt. The collection task was shut down..

This error is after the script starts.
I have restarted my server several times with no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

I have to ask the obvious. Your storage location for the CDR records such as the C drive wouldn't be getting full would it? We only keep a months worth of records here and the rest get archived onto a zip disk.

I have plenty of hard drive space, which I just checked, your right sometimes its the obvious that burns you.

I also archive the data off and burn it on dvd. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks for any help..

D

Did you check the size of your CDR database file?
IMHO 1G is a critical limit for MS Access..

There is a compact and repair utility in the OTM under Station Administration I believe. That will try to correct any corruption in the CDR database if it can.

Size, of course, is a major issue too.

Maybe you should do the collection of data more frequent?
I've scheduled to run the collection / Costing once a day.
how many records do you have in the Call Database? ( i've got 40.000 from the last 2 months). When you archive the data it's around 5 Mb for 20000 records, so to get 1 Gb.... hmmm busy system ;-)
Make sure you've enabled the option "delete file(s) after collection" ( you can find this in Options, SystemConfiguration, tab Collection).
Check your Status screen and see where the progress stops.

there is how is should go:

- info Scheduled Batch Ciollection task started.
- info CDR database opened.
- Info Data Script Engine launched.
- Info Communication parameters sent to the Data Script Engine
- Info The Collection task is running.
- Info Starting SL1 CDR data collection script
- Info Retrieving the Call In Progress Table from c:\...\cip.mem
- Info Initaiting a connection to file: c:\...\detail1.img
- Warning The source file will be deleted after collection
- Info Storing the Call In Progress table to c:\...\CIP.mem
- Info Closing SL1 CDR data collection script
- Info The Collection task has completed.

I run my collection and costing 2 times a day. I have close to 4,000 records a day. My cdru001 file gets full and then I archieve and purge. I do this about every 4 months. So now all of a sudden I am getting an error. I think my cdru001 file and cdrd001 file is corrupt.. Don't know how to fix.. If I create a new one, it gives an error as well.

I will try the compact and repair utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back