Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM and Win/XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skymax

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2002
US
Our system integrator is having problems installing OTM in this shop. What I would love to know - does OTM work on a desktop PC running Win/XP?

Right now they are trying to install it on a server running Win/2K server. They are stating this server must be dedicated to them. I can not dedicate a server to this one small process. Therefore thinking of moving it to a PC running XP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Additional information - I understand a new release of OTM will be available Oct 24th. That this package will work with XP. Only clarification I need to know is whether it will run on XP Professional or must it be a server copy.

What I want to do is place OTM on a desktop PC running XP Professional. This system will take to the phone switch getting the call tracking information. The user will access this desktop system via PC anywhere from her office.

Does anyone see a problem with this. Again, any help render is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Here is some information on OS & OTM configurations supported that may be helpful...

„h Windows NT4.0 Server + Windows XP Professional client
„h Windows 2000 Server + Windows XP Professional client
„h Windows XP Professional standalone

For Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1 is required.

Some features introduced in Windows XP Professional either do not apply or cannot be used in conjunction with OTM.
Example: Multi-session is not supported, i.e. two users cannot be concurrently logged into the same PC at the same time and have OTM running.

I tried to load Optivity 2.2 on Server 2003 and I can tell you it would not load, so its running on 2000
The desktop client runs fine on XP but the server definatly needs to be 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back