Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM and HP_OpenView

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabee

Technical User
Sep 25, 2001
US
I have OTM and HP_OpenView, I am sending up-stream traps to the OPen_View from OTM but OP does not reconize SNMP traps can anyone help

High,

i dont know what OTM is but i think this is a normal HP OV problem.
look under HP-OV -> Options -> Event Configuration if there are trap entrys from the OTM system (only if you have loaded the corresponding MIB Files, if not do so!). Look fot the missing traps and make sure that they are not set to "log only" or "dont log or display". you should also set the right trap receiver (your HPOV system) on the otm system. If this all cant help you use snoop or truss to see what kind of traps OTM sends and what your HP OV system is receiving.

OTM is Otivity Telephony Manager, a significantly different version of Optivity which is used to manage Nortels Meridan voice PBX products.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back