Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM - Adding Speed Call - New List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2005
This is an Option 11C 25.40 with OTM.

The customer is always calling me asking how to do things that I can do manually, etc. etc...and I don't want to mess up his OTM.

Here's my question:

What is the easiest way to add a Individual Speed Call button on a M2616, key 14?

1) Is it easier for me to (manually) make a new SCL (LD 18) and put the SCC button on the phone myself, then have him synch or retrieve or whatever?

(If so what are the steps in OTM - AFTER I program it manually)

I hate OTM ....ooops did I type that?

2) Or.... what are the steps (In OTM) to add a Speed Call Controller) button on an existing phone - for a list that hasn't been created yet?

The phone exists. Let's say it's extension 2575. 20 number list. DNSZ = 16

Thanks in advance ... and I realize that if you know and use OTM... this should be pretty simple.

*This would make an excellent FAQ - "Making changes manually and updating OTM"

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

If you want easy go with option 1.

2) Or.... what are the steps (In OTM) to add a Speed Call Controller) button on an existing phone - for a list that hasn't been created yet?
In the system window open List Manager, right click on Speed Call List, click on new. Add the list number you want to program on the station. The status will be "new". Then you can change the key on DN 2575. However, you'll have to send the list to the switch before sending the station change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back