Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw164

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
US
We just upgraded our Opt.11's to OTM 2.2, how do we change the OTM Login, and is there a way to change the username and password that OTM uses to get in to the switch? we tried both our level 1 and level 2 passwords, but only one will work, we would like both to work if it is possible. I have been trying to read the doc. we got with the install, which isn't much help. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Scott

Scott, there are many ways to log on to OTM. If you can already log on to OTM then from the Navigator screen, go to Security and click, Users.
At the Users "General" tab put in a user name that you want to log in to OTM (i.e OTM1).
Then under User Group highlight "Administrator". When you click apply / ok it will ask for the old password and the password you now want user "OTM1" to use. Do the same thing again for the second or however many users you want to log into OTM.

N.B. if you are using a server or win2000 to log in, the PC's login and password will also get you into OTM. You may not want to use this login and password because users can change your server/pc's capabilities.

Are you talking about the OTM passwords or PBX passwords, they are two different things.

Thank you Tedsobo, that is what i was looking for.

lretriever i can get into OTM, but OTM dosn't link with the switch until you connect it, so i press the connect button, and a username a password box pop up. i was told that the level one and level two passwords both would work, but our level one password dosn't seem to work. i am not into the PBX yet.

scott

Your level one and level two passwords should work, or any other user name/password that may be set up in the PBX that has the appropriate permissions. For Core Equipment I would recommend using level 1 or level 2 username/password.

Have you tried using this same username/password connecting a different way, straight connect through maintenance terminal, hyperterm, ProComm or some other way to verify these usernames and passwords really do give you access to the PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back