Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM 2.2 - Maximum # of system locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigsarmy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2006
US

Does anyone know if OTM has a maximum # of system locations you can manage with 1 OTM system?

At what point does a second OTM system become necessary?

The Corp Directory portion seems to become less than reliable with more than 10 locations?

Anyone have similar problems?

OTM is licensed on the number of SETS its going to manage, so i would imagine that if your dongle is only licensed for only 100 sets it may get the hump when you have a corp dir of say 200 entries?, All the OTM's I've installed have never thrown in errors due to the numbers of sites so cant help you any further. (Sorry)

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

OTM is licensed by TN's not by the number of sites. Each site will consume your number of TN's in the system. I do know that limit is 1,000 sites due to some limits of the SMP.mdb database.

PS> I have a system running with 35 clients, 420 sites and 66,273 TN's in use. The standard database backup won't work. We backup the whole "Common Data" folder and all sub folders to accompish the backup. (7.8Gig)

I do know you can go to 100,000 TN's. That is the limit of TN that OTM can manage. TM3.X can not handle that many site with one server. There is a scalibility issues you run into with the new layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back