Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM 2.10 Costing question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

westsidedeuce

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hello -
Merl 61 RLS 23. OTM 2.10
I have a problem with costing in the telecom Billing system -
I have downloaded new rates - went thru the telephony configuration . Call digit translation etc.

When I run the costing telecom billing -filtered report- there is no cost per call record.
If I run an extension detail report - the same happens - It records the call records but not the associated cost .
What am I missing ? any suggestions ?
Your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
JOSZ

First make sure that you have the carrier pricing template selected for each Trunk group under the Telephone configuration. If you are looking to show costs on call records that you have already collected on make sure that you re-cost the dates you need to see the costing on.

I checked the carrier pricing and digit translation .
cost the calls with same filter date .

I get this error - right before it starts costing .
"valid location can not be found - costine may be incorrect ".

I pointed my locations books to the downloaded rate table .

please help
Thanks
Josie

You should still be able to cost your records even though you have the error "valid location can not be found - costine may be incorrect". Let me know if you are not seeing costed records.

"valid location can not be found - costine may be incorrect " Can be corrected by going into the Telecom billing system then Telephone Config. Once there Click on your node check that your node location and main phone number dial code match what is in your VHDATA Location Book. VHDATA Location book can be found under the Telecom billing system select edit then Location books. In location books select distance based then VHDATA Location book. See if the dial code of your main number is listed here. If the dial code is listed here copy the location it has for it and put that for your node location. If VHDATA Location book does not have your node location then enter a new one with your dial code and your node location.

Example
Main number: 201-217-2500
dial code: 201217

Let me know if you have any other problems.

I have the same problem, i cannot get no locations or costing, I have done the same as you westsidedeuce. In the location do i have to put a number in the rate code to point it to my C&W UK pricing guide? I cannot find the number for the rate code?

Thanks in advance,

Killian

If you want to setup your rate table, you would have to go into your Telephone Configuration from the TBS screen. Right click on Carrier Pricing Template and setup a new Carrier Pricing Template. This is where you would associate numbers with the Rate tables. Then you would have to setup the route to use that pricing template. The Rate Code number in the Location Book Editor is set to 0 unless otherwise specified.

Let me know if this helps.

Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back