Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM 2.0 Unable to read Station File ERROR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebloome

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
i am trying to edit a record in OTM for reporting purposes but i am getting "Unable to read Station File: (Record locked by another user)
How do i fix this issue so that i can edit the record. i have no problems making changes on the PBX Option81 but i cannot open two records in OTM.

Hi,

I've just encountered the same problem.

Did you manage to find a solution?

All help appreciated.

There may be easier solutions, but when I've encountered this error I've delete the station data base and re-retrieved.
If you've never deleted the station data base, you have to use the Global Update feature, then Select All and change the Sync Status (SSTAT) from current state to NEW. Once all TN's are reflecting a sync status of new, they can be selected and deleted. This will not OUT them from the PBX, so don't worry (to accomplish this, you would need to change the SSTAT to "OUT" -- bad deal for all concerned)
Once the station data base is empty, simply perform a Retrieve > All.

If you feel like experimenting, you can perform this procedure only on the TN's that are giving you fits. It didn't work for me, but you never know..

I found the best way to fix this problem is to reboot the server. Once the server is rebooted, then you should be able to access the records that were locked. I usually get this error when trying to sync up with the PBX and the Log Window gets stuck.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back