Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Other XP exams (941, 951 etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongone

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2002
GB
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has done the new exams? I'm thinking of doing them but can't find any resources..

Cheers..

I've done all of them (just passed Resource Manager today!!). I'm now a CCEA(XP), amongst other things :)

They're significantly easier than their predecessors, but the only resources available are the admin guides - those contain a large amount of the information you will need.

has a sample exam for NFuse 1.51 (941, I think), but the best resources for this are the CTX documents found by searching on NFuse. Examine the docs on substitution tags closely - I got 5 questions on those.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I'm doing the load balancing one (941) tomorrow. Any tips??

Cheers

KNOW the Default and Advanced load evaluator settings and the rules. CTX105449 is a good source, since it gives the thresholds.

Also bone up on the settings that can be used, log file contents and usage reports - especially the types of report, ie Server, Application and Evaluator.

Know which part of Load Balancing can be got to via the appropriate node in the CMC, ie by right-clicking an App or a Server you can Load Manage that object. Also, accessing the Load Manager Monitor. CMC navigation is tested quite hard.

Know what can be load-managed, ie Servers, Applications.

If there are steps to performing a load-balancing operation, learn the order by heart. You will get a couple of questions that ask you to put steps into the right order by dragging and dropping.

The only resources I know of (apart from the Student Manual) are the Admin guide, and a few docs on Citrix's site. The Advanced Concepts guide is very useful, and there's a Getting Started *.pdf file which covers the basics nicely. There's stuff on Load Balancing in the CCA manuals as well as the Advanced manual - so don't forget to revise from both!

Finally, don't forget it's Load Management and Program Neighborhood. You'll get a stack of client questions - which is great if you've recently done the CCA, because you've already revised this. If it wasn't so recent, then brush up on PN settings - know what platforms PN will or will not run on.

Good Luck! CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

CitrixEng,

Isn't it true that PN will run on Win32,Java, and WinCE platforms?

Curious about the WinCE.

Unless they've updated the WinCE client dramatically recently, I don't believe it does; To do this would increase the size of the WinCE client image substantially. I haven't checked it for ages, because I'm happy with the way my terminals work.

According to the Course manual, it's only on Java and Win32. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

I'm preparing for my NFuse exam and just realized that the version I've been working with is 1.6 and it appears that the exam covers 1.51, is that correct or does it actually cover the more recent versions? Seems strange that Citrix would have three more recent version out and still test on 1.51...

CitrixEng,

Thanks for your response....One more q regarding the test. Do I need to memorize the defaults for HotKeys in the ICA settings in PN?

Thanks in advance.

You'll probably get one question on it, but it'll be about the most common ones, like the Alt+Tab equivalent (Ctrl+F1), so I wouldn't bother learning all of them.

Nfuse 1.51 was quite an advance over 1.5 in many respects - and the previous test was on 1.0. I guess that was the current version when the test was released. They're now up to version 1.7 and NFuse Elite... CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for the info!! It will be very useful I'm sure!

One question- anything on licensing and load balancing across subnets?

Cheers..

Licensing will almost certainly come up - all the info you'll need is in the Admin/Getting Started guides and the Course guide.

If there's a cross subnet question, it'll likely be alone in the CCA exam!

The Load-balancing questions are mainly reserved for the PN+LB exam, but since this is a general exam, you might get one or two. There are some useful dox in the Citrix KB. If you can't find them, I'll look up the CTX numbers.

Boson have a new set of 3 tests which look very useful - a colleague of mine downloaded them. They're actually a little harder than the real thing - so very good practice.

Also, if you want a real challenge, try the practice questions on They all relate to the old exams (currently MF1.x and WinFrame), and you are likely to get questions on registry keys, etc. - but you may learn a thing or two, since it explains all the answers.

The XP exam contains NO questions on registry keys!

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Passed 941 Load balancing and Program Neighbourhood today with 97%. Got one question wrong out of 40.

Believe me this is not a difficult exam!

I agree Strongone...I got 90% on it. Congrats to you!

i would lik eto do exm 941. What did you study to pass this exam?

michel

Citrixxperience.com has practice exams for both the 941 and 951. If you can pass those, you can pass the real exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back