Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Other users trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveD

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
PR
OK as always I will ask a question then explain my situation. Call me weired but that's how i'm wired

Is there anyway for an admin user to get access to another users "Recyple Bin" ?

Here is the situation. I'm attached to a DOMAIN, however on my machine there is a local user and a domain user.
Somehow (and this baffles me) monday morning when I logged in with the DOMAIN user all my settings were gone, after screeming and going on for a 1/2hr I tried logging in with the admin account and then with my local account and low and behold there were all my setting (for the DOMAIN user).

I don't want to have to recereate everything as I had it. I want to recoved what I had.
In the process of recovering I deleted some information off the DOMAIN user, the one I need to recover.
If I login as myself (either with the domain user signon or with the local user signon I can see the information deleted in the recycle bin. But for some odd reason it won't let me restore them to the original folder. Infact I can't evn open any of the other users folders (Even thought the users have Administrator rights)
The only way I can open those folders is if I login as the local administrator. But when I do that I can't see what recycle bin of the other USERS is.
If I could access their reclycle bin, I could restore it and find the information I need.

Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back