Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Other users can't open DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmkimmons

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm running windowsXP and have three different user logons on the same terminal. I placed the db in the shared folder so that whoever is logged-on can see/use particular access applications. However, the apps can only be accessed through my logon. If you are logged on as anyone else it states that the file is in use or that you don't have permission to use it, or it will say the db is a read-only.

This happens even if no one else is logged on and the app isn't opened anywhere else.

What am i doing wrong?

~Rob

If we expect the unexpected, does that make the unexpected... well, expected?

Is the folder the database is stored in Read only to the other users. I had a similer problem a few months back.

David Lerwill
"If at first you don't succeed go to the pub"

Yes, thank you it was. I changed the folder and that seems to have solved half my problem. Yet still it states that the file is in use or i don't have permission to view it though.

~Rob

If we expect the unexpected, does that make the unexpected... well, expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back