Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Other pst files have permissions!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albuckj2

Programmer
Jan 7, 2003
GB
Logged on as the administrator, and when I access someone elses .pst file (by going File => Open), there seems to be some sharing violation as I can't delete an email from the inbox. It says:

"The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied".

How can I change the permissions of the administrator???

Not sure you can open a PST file that way. I usually go Tools, Services, Add, Personal Folders and point at the file. Note it has to have RW access and if you copied it off a CD the RO tag stays with the file.
If you are trying to open the Mailbox of a user (within the Exchange store), then you need to grant permissions to the user you are logged on as from the Exchnage Administrator tool. I am at home, but off the top of my head the permissions tab (or client permissions)(make sure the "View, Options Show Permissions for all pages" is on) should give what you want. We have gone 2000 so I am a little rusty on 5.5. If you are still stuck post back and I'll look it up at work tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back