Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Other method than ftp for transfert

Status
Not open for further replies.

konairon

Technical User
Jun 23, 2005
CH
Hello,
I need to transfert flat files for DataStage from both Unix and Windows platforms.
For security reason I don't would like to use ftp.
Is it another way that Datastage can take in charge ?

Thank you

There are secure versions of ftp. I think ftp is probably the best way. There may be other means via third party software such as Data Junction or Syncsort.

-------------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

I don't know if this is relvant for you, But you may use TX to read and write files from one location to another if it is in your LAN/WAN. No ?

There is sftp which is a more secure form of ftp. DataStage can call it just as easily. I have worked for a client with very strong security requirements who invested in a device called a data diode that support one way transfer of files with very heavy security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back