Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OST file

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmur

MIS
Dec 16, 2002
US
I had a profile get corrupted and now I can't find the e-mails. I did find an ost file. How can I get this info to become a pst

An ost file is the synchronisation file created usually when you are using a laptop to enable you to check e-mails when you are off-line. It usually synchronizes your inbox, calender, contacts and sent items but these can be changed if needed.

You cannot just change an ost file to become a pst file. you can however create a pst file from the data in the offline mailbox. You could try and create a new profile and then when you allow for synchronising, point to the old ost file which may help you out.

Also, please note that you should get used to creating ost/pst files etc in folders which ar NOT in you profile folder. This will prevent the profile from becoming too big and thus becoming corrupt.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Chris

desmur,

If you are getting

"The file yourostname.ost cannot be accessed because it has been configured for use with a different mailbox"

then you've got problems. Try
I used them recently - talk about life (job) savers.

Tipsterman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back