Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSN Telephone On CS1000 Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelSpt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
US
I have a CS1KE, with a CS1K branch. The Phones at the Branch location are I2004s, registered to the CS1KE, using an ERL to send 911 traffic out the Branch trunks.

We have an OSN phone programmed on the CS1KE which works correctly, but I need to get the I2004s to notify the OSN at the Branch location.

Thanks

You must be 5.0 or above; each ERL has its own OSDN. That OSDN still must be a single-appearance DN on a display set.

LD 117:
NEW ERL <ERL#> [RT <routing data>] [<Locator>] [<OSDN>]
or
NEW ERL <ERL#> [RLI <routing data>] [<Locator>] [<OSDN>]

To change an ERL, use the CHG ERL command with the same syntax as above, and enter NULL for any values you don't want changed.

-Matthew

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

I had already built the ERL, but the OSN phone would not take the OSN entry. I was getting an error message regarding VO not authorized. I found that I had to change VOLA to VOLD, and then I was able to create the OSN key. I will test tomorrow.
Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back