Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS7100 PROCESSORS MP10 & MP10A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYQUEST

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
Installing an OS7100 for a new client. It has version 4.30 software loaded with an MP10 card in slot 0. The documentation leaves a lot to be desired! A complete lack of logic and feature interaction of system operations, and real programming examples. The client says the OS7100 is a hand-me-down. This is the first time I have ever seen or installed a Samsung system. In finding documentation and online reading, I find there are two processors for the OS7100, but no explanations can I find as to the differences or compatibility of one or the other for software or anything else. Can anybody answer those questions or provide a resource for same?

Thanks in advance for any help!

....JIM....

Do you have any other cards in the system?

NTSDirect

Of course it does. A UNI with two 4TRM modules and one DLM module. The MP10 has one DLM module. Do you have an answer to the question above?

....JIM....

According to samsung "technical support", the only difference between the two (other than that the MP10 has been discontinued), is that the MP10a is slightly faster, but they are equal as far as operation goes. If you're planning on moving the system image between cards, make sure you back everything up, so you can revert back if need be. This post may also help you some. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back