Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS4K V8 CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koolcom

Vendor
Mar 27, 2020
ZA
Hi All

I have a customer that is quering why when a barred extension dials the switcboard to be connected to a external number, the called party gets the main number as CLI and not the extension number. I have tried various cot parameters on the outbound trunks has anyone had this problem.

Thanks in Advance

The Kool Guy

It's the Switchboard that is calling the external number - even without the barred extension the called party would still get the switchboard number.

Thank you for the prompt feedback
I had a inkling that there would be no fix to get it to work for ithe customer

The Kool Guy

Well if the Operator initiates the call it will be the Operators CLI showing at the far end
There are probably other ways to allow a barred extension make calls by giving them PIN's or time of day switching.

Thanks for the Feedback
The problem is it's Nurses stations that are barred permantely but on some occasions they need to make a call. Then switchboard does a blind transfer and if the called party does not answer and they return the missed call it goes to the switchboard instead of the nurses station. They informed me that this worked on their old Phillips PBX hence I'm looking to see if there is a way to make this CLI problem work.

The Kool Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back