Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS4K V10R1 Call logging

Omenas

Systems Engineer
Jan 9, 2020
LT
Previously, when we had hardware Siemens Hicom/HiPath 300/4000 PBXs, we used CDR over Atlantic LAN and PhoneEX (if I'm not mistaken) software for call recording and analysis.
We are now running OS4K V10R1 in a virtual environment and stacking call queues using COL. This method is not convenient because the file with the call lines is downloaded once a day and is inconvenient for call analysis.
Does the virtual solution have the ability to send call recordings in real time to the database of some call analysis software? And what call analysis software do you use/recommend?

The COL application can collect the RMX FTFILE every 15 minutes I think, so if you are doing something every 24 hours, I don't think it'll be because COL can't supply any faster.

But yes there is a lag with COL which does not happen when streaming the CDR data directly from ADP.

Have you considered exposing the atlan NIC on VMware and streaming directly like you used to? If you have a simplex 4K the NIC may be disabled on the VM, but you can enable it. If it's a duplex, you already have the atlan passing traffic between the two VMs, so putting another VM on a vSwitch with a 192.0.2 NIC, it'll be able to collect the records realtime like you used to. You just have to protect that 192.0.2 subnet from any other traffic, not allow anything else on there, so be careful with the config. No different from plugging a cable into though really.

Applications for collecting that data likely differ region to region I expect. The output from the newer 4K should be the same as what it was from your older 4K given it was likely just a regen used to make the update, so the same app you had could be used if the Windows wasn't too old.

The COL application can collect the RMX FTFILE every 15 minutes I think, so if you are doing something every 24 hours, I don't think it'll be because COL can't supply any faster.

But yes there is a lag with COL which does not happen when streaming the CDR data directly from ADP.

Have you considered exposing the atlan NIC on VMware and streaming directly like you used to? If you have a simplex 4K the NIC may be disabled on the VM, but you can enable it. If it's a duplex, you already have the atlan passing traffic between the two VMs, so putting another VM on a vSwitch with a 192.0.2 NIC, it'll be able to collect the records realtime like you used to. You just have to protect that 192.0.2 subnet from any other traffic, not allow anything else on there, so be careful with the config. No different from plugging a cable into though really.

Applications for collecting that data likely differ region to region I expect. The output from the newer 4K should be the same as what it was from your older 4K given it was likely just a regen used to make the update, so the same app you had could be used if the Windows wasn't too old.
If the same CDR principle remains in the new versions, then it is clear....I'll just have to remember. We have Duplex and Atlantic LAN.
We don't have the old software anymore, and the license was a physical dongle in the LPT port, which is why we are interested in what you use nowadays to collect and analyze calls.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back