Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS4K V10 problems with number screening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omenas

Systems Engineer
Jan 9, 2020
LT
Hello,

Please help to solve the number screening problem.
We have OS4K V10 system. The internal numbers is 9XXXX. For both incoming and internal calls, the number is displayed in the international number format +XXXXXXXXXX. To display this format, all telephones are configured with "Dialing parameters" using DLS (the telephones are set to "Local country code", "Local Area code", "International Prefix" and so on...). Everything until today was ok.
However, now a new SIP trunk has appeared, from which comes the internal number 2XXXX of another network, and it should be displayed as such on our telephones (only internal, without prefixes). But now the handsets convert it to the international number format, which is incorrect and cannot be used for callbacks.
Please advise me how to solve this problem. Maybe the wrong way to configure "Dialing Properties" of phone devices is chosen, maybe we need to configure OS4K to display numbers in the correct formats on phone devices? I've seen that the numbers are generated using AMO KNPRE, KNDEF..... but I haven't really got the hang of how to configure it correctly. The system is already working and I can't experiment much, so I would like to know the whole way how to do it, then prepare and change the configuration at night.

I don't know if this can be done. My money is on "no". I've not seen the dialling properties used in this way on a 4K phone, to force even internal calls to international display. Default 4K behaviour is to display the shortest possible number, but transmit (across trunk) in the longest format, so display as subscriber, but signal as international. The opportunities to adjust that are on the trunk interfaces, that's where you can reformat. Once you ask the phone to do it, it looks like a problem. Normally KNDEF, KNFOR, KNPRE will take care of these reformats for you but you can't display the internal calls as international with those AMOs.

I already found where the problem was. Incorrect "min. local numbering length" size was set on the phone.

I tried that on mine, but I still got PSTN access code prefixed to the calling line ID. That doesn’t happen for you? Or you don’t configure that?

I didn't quite understand your question. In my case, after correctly setting the "Canonical dialing parameters" in the phone and describing KNMAT, now all the numbers are displayed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back