Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS4000 showing "Platform health check error: Automatic REGEN-GENDB process has failed"

benno16

Technical User
Oct 6, 2024
On our OS4000 I can see the following error:
Platform health check error: Automatic REGEN-GENDB process has failed
I beleve it is to do with an issue of our NTP server that caused some time drift.

How would I go about identifying the actual problem here?
The issue prevents an update installation at present.

100% the NTP server is nothing to do with this. NTP has no part to play in the regen/gendb process.

What has happened is that the upgrade preparation has made a regen of the system, and then 'tested' that it can be gendb'd onto the new software. That test has failed, because something that has came out of the config will not go back in. It's usually something minor, a key configuration, a fwd destination, a config which worked when done but something has changed and it won't work now.

You should download the logs which if I remember correctly it offers as a download on that SWA page, and look through the GENDB logs, "NOT COMPL" is a good place to start the search. Make a note of any AMO line which failed to run back in, correct the problem in the live DB, and restart the preparation.

Note the latest PLT hotfix should always be transferred with the RLC if there is one, it can contain essential fixes.

Many thanks - I found the button under SWA to create that successfully.
Thats great.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back