Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS X: Random Programs Fail to Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

burritonator

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2004
US
More questions from the guy who doesn't know much about Macs:

1. We have a G5 which is experiencing frequent problems starting applications. An application will fail to start, with no error message appearing regardless of how long we wait. After a system reboot, the application will work fine, but it won't be long until a different app has the same problem. What can I do to troubleshoot this?

2. The same G5 is also having an issue where the monitor will go blank and appear to enter standby mode, even when the user is actively using the system. Nothing short of powering down the machine and restarting it will correct the problem. I have already checked the Power Saving settings in OS X, and both the system and the monitor are set to "Never" sleep. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

3. How can I determine the exact version of OS X that the system is running?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. I apologize if these are simple questions, but I have been primarily using MS Windows systems for the past several years and I have just recently begun dealing with Macs.

Burrito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back