Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS X Internet Connection Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlu21

Technical User
Sep 5, 2007
US
When I open a web browser I get the progress bar half way then it stops. I cant view any web pages. I dont think is the connection because I am able to share files with a PC in the network. But I cant access the internet.
Can anybody help troubleshoot this? My knowledge on OS x is very very limited, almost none.

I'm assuming you're accessing the web via the network also. In that case it will be based on settings from the network administrator.

If you just have two machines hooked up to an ethernet router, you might have to set that router via your browser. Usually the "how to" that came with the router will tell you the address (it's local) and what to do.

Before you try that, go to Apple menu/system prefs. Click Network. Inthe next window just click the Assist Me button and you'll be guided through.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Will try thanks. We also changed the firewall maybe I have to take a look a those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back