Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS X AGFA PPD/Viper Imagesetter Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeH

Technical User
Jul 21, 2006
US
I have been reading the thread604-651636 about the AGFA imagesetters and Viper1.9 rips. I need to know if VIPER1.9.X_XFER_RES_PATCH.sea is still available anywhere to download?

We have older G4s running sys 10.3.9/classic and a Accuset 1200 with a Viper1.9.2 rip; until last week we have not had problems with imaging film and calibration; a new mother board was installed, now when I send a test page, read it, and verify it is perfect; but when I send the transfer resource file (like I use to) it does not stick; I have also tried to do the custom PPD route and that does not work either. I have "test" pages I run from different applications, and none show any signs of calibration being done. I have been on the phone to AGFA and still no luck... so far these threads seem to be positive that it can work again, and that I might be able to run film directly from InDesign... Quark 6 (?) Can anyone give me the info on where to download this patch from or can it be sent directly to me?

Thanks for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back