Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS not seeing partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniper911

Technical User
Mar 7, 2007
GB
Hi All

I have an old ML 370 G2 with 3 hard disks. I am running low on space. What are the procedures involved in adding a 4th hard disk. Its on Windows NT BTW.

Thanx in advance...

That depends---did you install the OS with HP SmartStart? Are the drives in a RAID config, and if so, what?

Burt

Any config would be a two tier procedure.

Firstly you would have to make the server see the extra diskspace but as mentioned by Burt, you need to define how your server is configured before we can advise.

Secondly, you would have to increase the size of your drive (C: I presume) but you would need a 3rd party utility in order to do so.

Some people would suggest rebuilding the server instead of increasing the drive size, some people would suggest upgrading to W2K3 as there is no support for NT anymore.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Well, it looks like he simply wants to add a 4th hdd, but I don't know if he wants it separate from any RAID volumes, or if he just has a JBOD, or what. If you already have a RAID5 config, you would want to add the drive to the config, using HP Array Configuration Utility. If they are independent disks, then just pop the disk in, and go to Disk Management in Windows, and initialize the drive, then format it.

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back