Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS for Stmix 1

ACTDA

Technical User
Jan 18, 2019
SI
Hi guys !

Where i can download an OS for STMIX board?
I would like to reflash STMIX board for V8 with PXE boot method and I cant find image files anywhere.
Any idea from you guys?

Br Robert

Hi guys !

Where i can download an OS for STMIX board?
I would like to reflash STMIX board for V8 with PXE boot method and I cant find image files anywhere.
Any idea from you guys?

Br Robert
Hi, find attached file

The SPEC_LW file contains the STMIX application, not the OS. So above file does not help.

From V8 R2.22 platform hotfix 9, the processor is able to create the PXE boot files from its own installation media. If you are on that version or higher, you are in luck.
If your version is older - no luck.

Instructions to reset the card are in the V10 IP Solutions manual (still valid for V8, for this process). But you need to be on that version minimum to create the files.

The SPEC_LW file contains the STMIX application, not the OS. So above file does not help.

From V8 R2.22 platform hotfix 9, the processor is able to create the PXE boot files from its own installation media. If you are on that version or higher, you are in luck.
If your version is older - no luck.

Instructions to reset the card are in the V10 IP Solutions manual (still valid for V8, for this process). But you need to be on that version minimum to create the files.
Hi Moriendi, thx for reply !

Actually yesterday I did PXE boot files from ecoserver V10 1.42.3 succesfully. Then I followed instructions from documentation V10 IP Solutions completly (HFS, TFtpd64, putty) and it was fine till during installation I always receive an Error in putty window:

ERROR: Partition 1 is expected to be gone.

and installation stops with :
bash-3.2#
I tried that on two different STMIX boards and itsalways the same
What do you think cause that error? Something missing in instalation script made on OS4k system?

Have a nice day
Robert

Hi Moriendi, thx for reply !

Actually yesterday I did PXE boot files from ecoserver V10 1.42.3 succesfully. Then I followed instructions from documentation V10 IP Solutions completly (HFS, TFtpd64, putty) and it was fine till during installation I always receive an Error in putty window:

and installation stops with :
bash-3.2#
I tried that on two different STMIX boards and itsalways the same
What do you think cause that error? Something missing in instalation script made on OS4k system?

Have a nice day
Robert

One more thing to ask from my side. Do you know from where I can download JeOS stmix image file in case that
created file is not good from OS4K ? I cant find any on Partner portal SW download.

Br Robert

I've followed that process myself for V8 and V10 R1, and it worked without issue. Can't remember the exact build of V10 R1 it would have been at the time.

The JeOS image is not downloadable separately, it must come from 4K. You likely have a duplex? Could try generating on the other node. Doesn't look like a problem with the image itself though.

I don't know what would cause your error. I would get the platform updated to latest PLT hotfix and try again, with different laptop maybe, or check the config a bit deeper, there are a few things to tick/untick with the process, as you saw. For sure, it has always worked for me.

I've followed that process myself for V8 and V10 R1, and it worked without issue. Can't remember the exact build of V10 R1 it would have been at the time.

The JeOS image is not downloadable separately, it must come from 4K. You likely have a duplex? Could try generating on the other node. Doesn't look like a problem with the image itself though.

I don't know what would cause your error. I would get the platform updated to latest PLT hotfix and try again, with different laptop maybe, or check the config a bit deeper, there are a few things to tick/untick with the process, as you saw. For sure, it has always worked for me.
Its seems I found an issue for that error. Image processed from OS4K was fine.
After I tried to reflash STMIX board as I mentioned it always stops with Error :

Then I exchange mSATA storage of type SQF-SHMM1-32G-SBC with new one and now reflash works with no errors.
So seems the part where installation (reflash) of OS tries to make new partitioning, memory card fails because of memory card error.
I try to login now , but seems standard login TRM and HICOM doesnt work.
Do you know what is login and password after reflash for localhost (board is just on power on, no OS4K LW implemented yet)?

Regards Robert

Bring the card in service (BCSU READY) to the OS4K and your defaults will work. There will be an OS4K LW there, just the one that is distributed with the OS.

There was a known error with that mSATA card version and a specific firmware type which could sometimes result in a dead storage card, mSATA not recoverable and OS flash not possible. If that was the problem you had (in that state, it is not possible to even login from console), the action required is a STMIX exchange with Unify, although yes, if you had an mSATA replacement, that would work OK. As far as I know, that card is not available separately from Unify.

Bring the card in service (BCSU READY) to the OS4K and your defaults will work. There will be an OS4K LW there, just the one that is distributed with the OS.

There was a known error with that mSATA card version and a specific firmware type which could sometimes result in a dead storage card, mSATA not recoverable and OS flash not possible. If that was the problem you had (in that state, it is not possible to even login from console), the action required is a STMIX exchange with Unify, although yes, if you had an mSATA replacement, that would work OK. As far as I know, that card is not available separately from Unify.

Yes , exactly as you said regarding storage card.
I will test card tommorow by customer on site regarding login, but Im pretty sure it should work as you said.

Thx for your great help !

Kind regards
Robert

One more thing to ask from my side. Do you know from where I can download JeOS stmix image file in case that
created file is not good from OS4K ? I cant find any on Partner portal SW download.

Br Robert
Dear ACTDA / Robert
can i have PXE boot file.
so that i can repair my STMIX

Thanks

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back