Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS Capture error

Status
Not open for further replies.

avputnam

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
US
I created OS caputure CD (iso). When i run SMS image capture wizard, I specify the network location on one of our servers (not SMS or SQL) for the image to be stored. I also specify our domain\administrator password.

After rebooting the PC whose image I want to capture, image creating wizard starts, but after 30 or so seconds, it gives me the error mesage

"An error occured while capturing the image (error code 1231). The netwrok location cannot be reached."

I have already created sysprep, installed Advanced clients and Advanced Client network Access Account. I can ping or net use the servers from the client PC with no problems.

Does anybody know how to troubleshoot this?

Are you certain your capture CD has the proper network drivers for that system? One thing you can do is on the system where you create the capture CD, go to the folder where OSD is installed and rename osdshell.lab.exe or osdshelllab.exe (one or the other) to osdshell.exe. Rename the original to whatever you want. Then create the capture CD again. This will allow you to open the command prompt by pressing F8 while the capture CD is loading. Then you can test connectivity.

mib147,

You are right. The problem was with the network driver. While I was creating the OS caputer CD, I pointed to the network location where the copy of the nic driver was (instead of local path like I did before).

I also copied the nic driver files into the sysprep folder of the imaged PC. After taking the steps above, I was able to capture the OS image with no further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back