Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OS Authentication 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic88

MIS
May 29, 2000
JM
I am trying to setup OS authentication for oracle 8i on Windows NT. I created the two groups ora_dba and ora_oper and add my NT username to both. Remote_login_passwordfile is set to none and sqlnet.authentication_services =(NTS) was also setup in the sqlnet.ora file . However, whenever I try to logon using connect / as sysdba or connect / as sysoper The error message "Insufficient privileges" is generated. How can I correct this ?

Have you created your users in the database already? If so, did you grant these users connect privileges?

Robbie

"The rule is, not to besiege walled cities if it can possibly be avoided" -- Art of War

I do experience the same problem, in fact, I can connect when I run Sql*Plus locally ( on the machine hosting the DB ) but I get the same err message. Of course I could create user in the DB identified externally, but that is not the point. I DO NOT want to recreate what already exist on my PDC. It's said to be possible. So why doesn't it work ???
I'm wondering ...

Hi!
I DONT KNOW EXACTLY BUT I TRYIED IT. IT WORKS PERFECTLY THERE IS A PARAMETER TO SET.
THAT IS OS_AUTHANTIC_PREFICS ='$OPRATING SYSTEM USER(SOME THING LIKE THIS AT PARAMETER FILE) AND U NEED TO CREATE THE SAME USERNAME AT ORACLE WHAT U R WORKING WITH NT.
HOPE THIS WILL WORK IT.
BYE.

That's true it works if you recreate the NT user in the DB and declare them identified externally. But In the oracle documentation, it is said that one can define a NT group to access the DB AS SYSDBA. thanks to this solution, you ( as said in the doc ) don't have to recreate the user in the DB , just using the Domain Controler Access list.

The pblm is it does not work actually... Or rather, I could not make it work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back